Site Operations Director
Job Title: Site Operations Director
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Site Operations Director to lead and oversee the operations of our battery recycling plant. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in chemical, chemical processes, team leadership, and business management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct all aspects of the operations, including health and safety, production planning, manufacturing, inventory management, shipping/receiving and quality assurance.
- Develop management team ethos and drive culture across all departments.
- Work to ensure that the facility’s financial goals are met, including monthly profitability and EBITDA targets.
- Develop strong relationships across the Group to ensure strong lines of communication and the ability to influence key stakeholders as required.
- Maintain responsibility for performing all site activities in compliance with related legal/statutory regulations, professional duties and Best Practice Guidelines.
- Understand the technical aspects of the manufacturing processes to provide support to employees.
- Provide information to the Board in a timely manner, including daily/weekly/monthly reporting requirements and other ad hoc information requests.
- Frequently research cost saving opportunities, leading and monitoring all progress in capturing saving opportunities.
- Prepare capital expenditure proposals for consideration by the Board to advance the strategic goals of the Group.
- Constantly assess the facility’s operational efficiencies and seek out opportunities to improve processes in an economic manner.
- Monitor the facility’s equipment needs and ensure that the technical team is working to keep equipment properly maintained through the use of a planned maintenance schedule.
- Manage and maintain labour and operating costs in accordance with budgets.
- Drive the People Agenda through employee engagement across all departments.
- Work proactively to prevent and solve problems, directing and managing members of the team as required.
- Work closely with team members to prepare the annual Budget for the site, signing off on the numbers before submission and presentation to the Board.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply with your up-to-date CV/resume if you feel you meet the brief. Due to expected volume only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Many thanks.