Senior Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Are you capable of crafting compelling documentation, including proposals, manuals, and installation/maintenance instructions?
Are you a virtuoso in computer-aided design (CAD), sculpting intricate drawings and 3D models that breathe life into automotive components and systems?
Our client is an industry leader, renowned for pushing the boundaries of automotive design and technology. As a Senior Design Engineer, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the automotive industry. If you have a passion for cutting-edge technology and a knack for innovative design, this is your opportunity to accelerate your engineering career in the thrilling world of automotive design.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Acting principally under the direction of the Engineering Manager and / or Project Leader, to work flexibly within the Engineering team on assigned gearbox design projects and associated product engineering activities.
- The scope of the tasks will primarily comprise / address the mechanical design and detailing of high integrity gearboxes, components and assemblies, but will include other supporting systems and equipment such as couplings, instrumentation, lubrication, materials selection, documentation and test rig design as necessary.
- Develop designs and / or re-engineering of existing designs for new applications.
- Design of test equipment and procedures for gearboxes.
- Create deliverable documentation including Proposals, Manuals, Installation and Maintenance instructions as necessary.
- Strong core design skills, competence in materials selection, gear rating (ideally, not essential at first appointment), shaft and bearing analysis, rotordynamics, other drive system elements including structural components, couplings, lubrication systems, relevant instrumentation, and control systems.
- 2 & 3D CAD usage at expert level, Solid Edge preferred. Create component and assembly drawings. Drawing and technical documentation checking.
- Technical liaison and problem solving with Production engineering and Supply Chain teams.
- Highly competitive salary
- Hybrid work
- Onsite parking
- Professional development
- Pension scheme
Thank you for your interest in this position, please apply and a member of our team will be in touch.